I recently put a picture up on Instagram asking if anybody had any questions related to flying / my job / travelling etc, so here they are! As always feel free to leave me any more questions in the comments 🙂
- What do you enjoy most about being a flight attendant and living in Dubai?
Most definitely the travelling! I love being able to explore new places each month and call it my job! Dubai is great, especially the warm weather all year round! It’s such a cosmopolitan city and there’s so much to do here, and new restaurants/shops/bars popping up every week.
- What was the most challenging/ hardest part of the open day/ job interview?
It’s been well over 2 years since I did my interview now, but I will admit I was very nervous! The hardest part was probably the final interview, as unlike in the group rounds, you are totally on your own!
- Do you need any qualifications other than school to be eligible for the job?
Nope, you need to have finished high school and anything other than that is just a bonus! 🙂
- Why do you think most women give up being a FA after a few years?
Most likely so they can start families!
- Are there physical appearance requirements to be cabin crew?
I can’t say for sure if it’s the same at all airlines, although at mine you have to be able to reach a minimum of 212cm stretching on arm up, and have a healthy BMI.
- Favourite place in the world you have visited?
This is a really tough one! I’d have to say probably either Rio de Janeiro or Costa Rica.
- Have you ever experienced an emergency situation onboard?
Touch wood, I’ve never had anything very serious. The most common situations are medical related, and I’ve had people faint, need oxygen, have food poisoning, all those kinds of things!
- How long does the recruitment process take on average and are you able to delay the joining date if you get the job?
For me personally it didn’t take very long. I applied online and then went to an open day shortly after, and got the call 2 weeks after my final interview! However I’ve known for some people to wait months to hear anything. You can definitely delay the joining date, especially if it’s say a few months to finish studying etc.