It’s that time of the month again…. my roster for April has been published!
For the first time in a while I’ve got 2 new destinations that I haven’t flown to before, which I’m quite happy about. I also managed to get quite a few turnarounds thrown in there (although with swaps I’ve managed to reduce that number from 3 to 2!)
Turnarounds are short-ish flights to places within about 4 hours, where we come straight back to Dubai instead of staying in that city.
In the midst of writing this post, I actually received 2 swap requests! I went straight onto our portal and accepted, so my roster has changed a little bit. Here’s the original, and below that I’ll post my updated one.
- KHI – Karachi (turnaround)
- OSL – Oslo (very excited for this one as I haven’t flown here before!)
- JED -Jeddah (turnaround)
- BHX -Birmingham (another new destination for me, although I’ve heard it’s one of the busiest and toughest flights we have!)
- LHR – London Heathrow
- COK – Cochin (turnaround)
- MEL – AKL -Melbourne – Auckland (the same trip I got back in January on my reserve month)
So that was what I was rostered for originally, and with a couple of changes I’ll now be heading to:
- HKG (Hong Kong – swapped for my BHX)
- BHX (Birmingham – swapped for my COK + MEL-AKL)
- SIN (Singapore – swapped for my COK + MEL-AKL)
As I said, I’m very excited for Oslo. I’ve been to Norway a few times before, as we have family friends who live right up in the north near the Arctic Circle, however it’ll be interesting to see Oslo. I’m hoping it will have warmed up a little by then!
Fingers crossed I’ll be able to visit my lovely ex-flatmate Kirsty who now lives in Hong Kong, if she’s around.
All in all I’m pretty happy with my roster now that I’ve swapped a few flights around. Now for some magical fairies to come and take my turnarounds away! 😉